Air Conditioning and Facilities Maintenance – 8 days blended learning
Cost per candidate €1595 & Registration Fee €20.
€100 booking deposit applies to all courses
Heating and Cooling Systems – Learning Outcomes:
- Distinguish between heat and temperature
- Distinguish between sensible and latent heat transfers
- Explain the construction and operation of standard heat exchangers
- Select the correct type of heat exchange for specific applications
- Evaluate the fuel costs in using gas, oil, electricity or solid fuel as a heat source
- Explain the properties of materials, which make them suitable for use in thermal systems
- Summarise the main design and maintenance considerations for steam distribution pipe work systems
- Explain the principles of operation of mechanical, thermostatic and thermodynamic steam taps
- Explain the construction and operation of the instrumentation on a packaged steam boiler
Fluid Systems – Learning Outcomes:
- Distinguish between a liquid and a gas.
- List the causes of pressure drop.
- Explain the operation of both positive and non-positive displacement pumps.
- Explain the operation of fans and compressors.
- List the factors which determine the quality of compressed air.
- State the factors affecting choice of pipe and ductwork sizes.
- State the effect of pressure on equipment construction.
- Recognise the values commonly used for control of flow and pressure.
- List basic water treatment and water softening systems.
- Explain the operation of waste treatment systems, screens, grit channels, sedimentation tanks and biological filters.
Ventilation, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning – Learning Outcomes:
- State the factors which determine the required condition of air condition of air for both humans and equipment.
- Distinguish between relative and absolute humidity.
- List the factors contributing to heat gains to be accommodated by air conditioning systems.
- State the principles of operation of common air conditioning systems.
- Explain the operation vapour compression refrigeration cycle.
- Identify the main components of refrigeration systems and their function.
- Explain the operation of a heat pump.
- Analyse temperature and readings of refrigeration systems.
- Interpret suction and discharge gauge readings.
Maintenance – Learning Outcomes:
- List the safety procedures required for maintenance work on high temperature and pressure plant.
- Select plant components which require routine maintenance for efficient operation.
- Plan a maintenance task.
- Identify components from the plant layout drawings.
- Identify components on the screen display of a BMS system.
- Summarise the maintenance considerations for steam distribution systems.
- Summarise the maintenance considerations for compressed distribution systems.
- Summarise the maintenance considerations for refrigeration systems.
- Use manufacturer’s manuals, data sheet and other literature to assemble a list of readings (temperature, pressure, flow rate) which characterise the normal condition of a system.
- Measure temperature, pressure and flow rate on plant.
- Demonstrate the adjustment of the settings of common items of plant.
- Assemble/disassemble components for inspection /repair
- Write a brief report on maintenance tasks undertaken.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel; 087 6909231